Final Reminder to submit your Map or Web Application for the upcoming Big Sky GeoCon!
Click the REGISTER button (on left side of screen) to submit your map!
The 2021 Big Sky GeoCon Committee and the Montana Association of Geographic Professionals (MAGIP) invite you to participate in the Map Gallery during the 2021 Big Sky GeoCon to be held virtually April 5-8, 2021.
The MAGIP Community has demonstrated many creative and insightful ways to use maps, web applications, and other graphic forms to get their message out to their audience. If you have created maps that you are proud of and would like to display to a large group of GIS professionals, the Map Gallery would be a perfect opportunity to show them to the MAGIP community. We encourage you to enter your maps or web mapping applications to the Map Gallery, for display/viewing during this year’s virtual conference! All entries will be evaluated for possible cash awards totaling $700 by judges during the conference.
NOTICE: Please do not submit/upload your final map or web application now. That will be done later within the virtual conference platform. For now, complete the requested information and only upload an abstract/description.
Guidelines and Policy:
The Map Gallery exhibit is reserved for student, professional and agency projects and work. It is not intended to be a venue for private industry promotion.
- No vendor or product advertisements. Vendors may submit maps as long as it is a product of work and not an advertisement.
- All submitted maps and web mapping applications must contain a list of products used to produce it and contact information.
- Awards: $100 for People’s Choice, $75 for first place in 3 categories (Research and Applications, Effective Cartography, and Web Mapping) with prizes for both professional and student and $25 for second place.
Map/Web Mapping Application Guidelines:
- Static maps will be uploaded poster PDFs, and web maps will be submitted with an appropriate URL. Static Maps/Web Applications will be "visited" by attendees during the Map Gallery. Either format can be accompanied by a brief pre-recorded introductory video.
- To provide attendees the opportunity to ask questions about the maps - presenters will have the ability conduct "live video" 1:1 chats as well as text chat functionality.
- Although any dimensions can be used, remember that attendees will be viewing posters on their computer screens. We recommend that posters be readable without having to zoom when displayed at full-screen width.
- Do not submit the same map for different categories – please choose the best fit. Anyone may submit a variety of maps in appropriate categories.
More information on timing of sessions, presentation structure and technical requirements will be available at a later date.
Deadline for submission is. Final Reminder! Submit by March 19th for inclusion in the schedule.
Click the REGISTER button (on left side of screen)to submit your map! If you plan to submit more than one map, please create a separate submission for each.
Judging Categories/Guidelines will be send at a later date.
Questions on map requirements, content, etc.? Contact Brian Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of your 2021 Big Sky GeoCon Planning Committee, we look forward to your participation!